Monday, March 17, 2014

{Tutorial} DIY Orange Caramel "Catallena" Eyelashes


Hey guys, I'm back with a fun and easy DIY tutorial! Pretty much everything in an Orange Caramel video sticks out like a sore thumb, but what really caught my attention in their newest MV for Catallena were those amazingly funky dotted lashes! Who didn't notice those things?! I liked them so much, I made my own! Now you can too~

Honestly, how could you not love Orange Caramel? Their MVs are always so creative and kooky! From their outfits to their makeup and the concepts; they have always been on point and everything really marries well together even if we don't know what the hell is going on half the time. And I think that's what makes Orange Caramel so great. They know they're a little out there and they embrace that. It sets them apart from the rest and that's why I always look forward to what they pull out of the hat next. They're just so interesting! Definitely one of best sub-unit groups in Kpop.


I mean, just how great is this?



Let's get started, shall we?

Materials needed:
  • False eyelashes, preferably cross-type. (I'm using Darkness lashes, but Daiso has similar ones)
  • Lash glue
  • Tweezers
  • Neon-colored poster board. (using neon green/yellow like Nana's. You can use any of the three colors in the MV)
  • Hole puncher (a hand-held is easier. I couldn't find mine, so I had to lug this behemoth)


Step 1 - You'll need 4 punched out..circles? Nibs? Dots? What do you call these things? But yes, you'll need 4, but make sure to make a few more in case you lose them. These suckers can get pretty fussy. Btw, make sure your hole puncher is clean before using!


Step 2 - Apply glue directly on a lash section. Make sure it beads up at the tip so the dots adhere better. Wait 30 seconds before applying the dots so the glue becomes tacky.


Step 3 - Apply the dots on the glued section and hold in place for about 10-15 seconds or whenever you feel the glue is tacky enough for it to stick. It can be a bit tricky, so feel free to peel off the glue and start over if you need to.


Repeat step 2 & 3 until you've attached all 4 dots. And that's it! Easy-peasy.


Here are the finished lashes.


And here's my final look! I used NYX's Cinnamon blush as an eyeshadow and applied it a little passed my crease and across my lower lash line. I then applied liquid liner and 'lash' accents, but of course you can use lower lash line falsies as well. Highlight the brow bone with a light cream shade, and you're done!

I noticed that the dots are a teeny bit larger than the ones in the MV, but at least these are a bit more noticeable. x) You can always manually cut out smaller ones with scissors to match the original. Just thought using the hole-puncher was a creative and clever approach~

Hope you guys enjoyed my little tutorial! This was super fun to do and it reminded me of a school project, only cooler. Because Kpop. Hehe. Until next time!


Peace & Sushi (mmm, sushi),






No comments:

Post a Comment