Monday, October 20, 2014

{Looks} VIXX "ERROR" Inspired Makeup


Oh boy. VIXX has made their comeback with "ERROR" and I am one excited lady. My stomach does these weird triple-axels and I feel like throwing up whenever these guys give any indication of a comeback. SO MUCH EXCITE. I'm always looking forward to whatever they bring to the table because they have not disappointed me one bit. VIXX goes above, beyond, and exceeds all expectations with their delivery of concepts, and I am an absolute sucker for everything they do. These guys are the bees knees.

While their previous concept for Eternity was a little tame (but I still loved the entire hell out of it, do not get me wrong), with me being the makeup enthusiast that I am, I was hoping that VIXX would go a lil' cray and bring back some of that insane makeup that I loved in On and On, Hyde, and Voodoo Doll. And holy crap, not only did they bring back the makeup, they also brought back the crazy contacts, and some super crazy legit CG! WHAT!


If you haven't seen this, pre-freaking-pare yourselves. You have no idea what you're in for.



As some of you may know, VIXX has been a huge source of inspiration and motivation for me this past year and there was no way that I was going to pass this up. I was itching to remake their looks for this comeback as soon as I saw this MV. Everything about it was breath-taking and beautiful and I could not wait to scribble all over my face and turn myself into a cyborg!

So without further ado, I am super proud to present to you my versions of inspired looks from VIXX's ERROR MV and concept photos. Enjoy!



Face Products Used For All 3 Looks
(so I don't have to repeat myself, lul)
Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser CoverGirl Ready, Set, Gorgeous Oil Free Foundation in 110 Creamy Natural (used to mute-out lips as well) Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer in Fair Urban Decay Primer Potion in Eden Rimmel Stay Matte pressed powder in Silky Beige Daiso Retractable Eyebrow Pencil in Dark Brown ELF Wet Gloss Clear Brow Gel



ERROR» This is my favorite look out of the bunch and by far the easiest to do. The makeup itself is simple and straight to the point. Sometimes less is definitely more and this proves it. Again, the lenses seem to be the focal point of this look and the simplistic makeup complimented it extremely well without being overpowering. Thought it would be fun to give the illusion of short hair and go all Jung Taekwoon for this look, because his hair dominated and I wanted to feel his hair domination. Or try to.

Products Used:
  • Stila In The Light Palette: brow bone/highlight - Bare, base color and shading - Bliss & Sandstone, Eyeshadow/lining details - Ebony
  • Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzing Powder 
  • NYX Blush in Raisin
  • Coastal Scents 88 Palette greys & browns for contouring and detailing
  • L'Oreal Infallible The Super Slim Liquid Eyeliner in Black for lining details
  • Stila Smudge Pot in black for lining details
  • Maybelline Falsies Waterproof Mascara in Very Black
* Digitally altered eyecolor. Because I don't have any contacts in hand and the fact that I'm uncomfortable with sticking foreign objects in my eyes is also a contributing factor. :)




 

LET ME FREE» This second look was incredibly challenging for me, but I knew it was going to be a lot fun to do. This one was no joke, especially attempting to paint on realistic metal hardware and deteriorating skin without looking too cartoon-y. It took three hours to complete, trial and error included (no pun intended), and this is the end result. I think I did pretty darn well for my first try! I picked Hongbin's look in particular since I have pretty high cheekbones so I felt his look would work best with my facial structure.

Products Used:
  • Stila In The Light Palette: brow bone/highlight - Bare, base color and shading - Bliss & Sandstone, Eyeshadow/lining details - Gilded Gold, Ebony
  • Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzing Powder 
  • Silver Cream Makeup from Party City. (super cheap Halloween makeup, ya'll. Nothing fancy here.)
  • NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk
  •  Maybelline EyeStudio Gel Liner in Blackest Black for detailing/shading dark areas
  • Coastal Scents 88 Palette browns, reds, greys, black eyeshadows for setting and detailing
  • L'Oreal Infallible The Super Slim Liquid Eyeliner in Black for lining details
  • Maybelline Falsies Waterproof Mascara in Very Black
* Again, digitally altered eyecolor. ;)



LET ME BREATHE» This last look really caught my eye when the concept photos were released. I liked how futuristic and industrial the photo spread looked as a whole, and the cone spikes/studs on the face seemed like a lot of  fun to play around with. I chose to recreate Kenkenken's look!
Funny story: Of all the days I needed to use my lash glue for the studs, I couldn't find it anywhere so I had no choice but to resort to an Elmer's gluestick. Haha.

Products Used:
  • Stila In The Light Palette: brow bone/highlight - Bare, base color and shading - Bliss & Sandstone, Eyeshadow - Ebony, Gilded Gold
  • Coastal Scents 88 Palette deep red eyeshadow
  • Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzing Powder 
  • NYX Blush in Raisin
  • Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Natural Beauty
  • L'Oreal Infallible The Super Slim Liquid Eyeliner in Black for lining details
  • Maybelline Falsies Waterproof Mascara in Very Black
  • Bead Gallery strung silver coated cone stud beads from Michael's
  • DUO Eyelash Adhesive to stick on the beads (or in my case, I used an Elmer's Gluestick. Yep, the purple one. Highly recommend lash glue for longer wear. The beads kept slipping off w/ the gluestick. Had to be quick with the cam. xP)


Hope you guys liked this 3-in-1 post just in time for the Halloween season! The ERROR comeback is absolutely nuts and I hope the boys get the recognition and praise they deserve because everything about this comeback is just perfection. Let's get another round of chicken, y'all.

VIXX, 화이팅! St☆rlight, 화이팅!






No comments:

Post a Comment