Wednesday, April 13, 2011

{Looks} ANIMATE


{click for larger view}

I say, "Random" because this isn't your average-everyday "Face of the Day" most are used to. I don't do looks everyday since I don't wear makeup everyday. Haha. So make this be one of the many posts for looks I feel inspired to do on any given day.

Moving on, ANIMATE is a look I created that's heavily inspired by candy colors, electronic music, and Japanese Anime. I had time to play around with makeup today and thought I'd finally do a look I've been planning on doing for while. I also felt like I've been playing it safe with a lot of neutrals and muted colors lately, and I needed something drastic to fill-in that void. With that said, why not do it with a bang? ^^ This makeup is sort of reminiscent to a couple years ago when I used to experiment a lot with different Japanese Visual Kei looks. 'Cept I'm a lot better nowadays. x3

For those who are familiar, this look reflects heavily on my art style as well. Very bold, very thick, sharp, clean outlines, animated characters, and intense shading with many dimensions.
Quick note! This was meant for fun, not intended for everyday-.....hell, I say wear it! If you're bold enough! Nothing's ever too much in my opinion! Haha. ;)


Products Used:
*Face
- Rimmel Fix and Perfect primer in 001
- Rimmel Stay Matte foundation in True Ivory
- Skin79 Hot Pink BB Cream (mixed in w/ foundation)
- Rimmel Stay Matte powder in Sandstorm
- NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk (for the 2 dots)

*Eyes
- Urban Decay Primer Potion (matte)
- NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk
- NYX Pigment in Pearl White
- Maybelline Eye Studio Gel Liner in Blackest Black
- Coastal Scents 88 Palette
- Revlon Colorstay black liquid liner
- Maybelline Falsies Black Drama mascara
- Daiso #11 Voluminous type Lashes
- Lashgrip eyelash glue

*Lips
- NYX Mega Shine lipgloss in Crystal Soda

Photobucket


Hope you guys liked this look! Lemme know what you think! ^.^

-DC

6 comments:

  1. DAAAANG THIS IS _AMAZING_ !!!!! I THINK THIS IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE EYE MAKE UP YOU EVER DONE !!! :D GREAT JOB!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in love with this!!! Its like futuristic/dragqueen/fabulousness/makeup. The colors you picked pop so much with the black detailing work!! I bow down to your skillz!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "futuristic/dragqueen/fabulousness" HAHA, I LOVE IT!
    Thank you both so much!!<333

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously, girl, the stuff you can do just blows my mind every time. @ 3@ So, so, so awesome~

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, you should be on youtube so we can be buddies. :D amazing work

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Ashley: Wahh~! Thank you, girlfran!!<3

    @BoyWithBrushes: I cannot tell how you how much I get that! Haha. I've considered YT before, but I'm way camera shy! Hopefully sometime in the future though! And thank you!!! I appreciate that so much~ ^^
    Checked your channel out, you are adorbs and so super talented, sir!<33

    ReplyDelete